Monday, October 24, 2016

Week in review Oct. 17-23: An easy week back to reality

Not much but at least it's something.
I had a few random twinges following the Freep Half, which is a bit odd for me since I usually run faster and/or longer, so I didn’t try running again until Thursday. Add to that a busy week that included a haircut one night, a work event another night, dinner with friends another night, my husband’s homecoming all day Saturday, and a full day in at the grocery store and in the kitchen on Sunday, and, well, training wasn’t high on the priority list.

I feel like that’s OK, though, for now. I’ve been doing low volume for the past few months as I got my husband trained for the half and got some health issues sorted out. With the race behind us, and now that I’m starting to feel better, I’m looking forward to doing more running, more often over the next few months. Of course, just in time for it to get colder and darker out. Sigh.

Last week included:

Run: Twice, both on the treadmill, for 8 miles (4 miles each) in 1:20. Nothing special here – I ran Thursday night to get my legs moving and blood pumping again, and Saturday morning before our full day of homecoming-ing. It was raining Thursday and cold and dark Saturday morning, and I didn’t feel like dealing with any of that outside.

Yoga: Once for 15 minutes. I really wanted to do another round last night, but I spent so dang long in the kitchen prepping for the week that I just didn’t have time.

Total: Three sessions in 1:35. My lightest week in probably a very long time.

Eh, so it wasn't a rock star week. I got a lot of rest and took care of some errands. You win some, you lose some. On to the next.


No comments:

Post a Comment