Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Week in review October 10-16: Run often, run long

Since 100% running is a pretty boring chart.
It was a great week for running. Not only did my husband I manage four runs, Sunday was the big day: The Detroit Free Press Half-Marathon (race report coming soon). We finished upright, smiling, and under our goal time!

Through Saturday, however, we didn’t do much else. I didn’t do a single other workout other than those runs. Part of it was because I didn’t want to overdo it and risk a bad race, and the other part was that I had a lot going on: a work conference one evening, a gathering with friends another night, etc. Eh, the important stuff was that we kept the legs warm and fresh for our race.

For posterity, it was:

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 22.6 miles in a bit longer than 4.5 hours. This included three easy runs during the week and the half-marathon on Sunday.

I’m dealing with some random niggles still, so this week will probably be a light week as well. No worries – it’s more than a month until my next tentatively planned race. Tis the season for taking it easy and resting up until I’m ready to dive back in again.



No comments:

Post a Comment