Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Week in review June 27-July 3: Ending on a down note

Meh.
I'm late, I know. It's been a lousy couple of days. My races Sunday were a disaster (more to come on that later), I was a lazy bum yesterday, and my husband's truck broke down today. UGH! The only good thing about this past week is that I took some PTO to have 5 days off in a row, which has been wonderful. I'm not even going to put in writing how late I slept in today. And, I finally watched season 4 of House of Cards.

I skipped biking this past week and only swam twice. I ran three times but that included a 2-miler and a 1.5-miler with my dog, so it wasn't exactly serious mileage. And I lost Saturday to errands and meeting with friends, which admittedly was a good time.

Anyway, it was:

Swim: Twice, both in the pool, for 4000 meters total in about 1 hour, 40 minutes.

Run: Three times, all on the road, for 9.5 miles in just longer than 1.5 hours. This only included one "real" run of 6 miles to end June with an even 60; the other two were shorter runs for the sole purpose of tiring out my crazy dog.

Yoga: Once, on my own, for 40 minutes.

Total: Six sessions in a bit less than 4 hours.

I'm trying to think of something good to take away from last week. My swimming time trial was blah, running was blah, and I didn't even get on the bike or do any weights or pre-hab. I guess the good is that it's over and I can start fresh with this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment