Monday, July 18, 2016

Week in review July 11-17: Some decent running and something new

Nothing too out of the ordinary.
It was a satisfactory week last week. The weather was pretty hot, so my runs were slow and/or after dark. I got in the pool once and did a new-to-me barre class, which was super fun.

I left work early Friday to visit my friend and her new baby, so that took precedence over, oh, everything. He is such a cutie! I debated doing a 12-miler Saturday and then a 5K with my husband Sunday, or combining the two runs into a double day, or just doing the 5K and being a lazy slug the rest of the day. As it turns out, I slept later than I wanted to on Saturday (story of my life) and then went out of town for the day, so that solved the Saturday/Sunday problem for me. Oh well – it was a much-deserved rest day and it was good to see family. I did end up rallying later in the day Sunday to do another 9 miles, which made me feel like a badass.

By sport, it was:

Swim: Once, in the pool, for 2400 meters in just longer than an hour. Nothing special there. I wasn’t feeling great by the end so I was happy to finish.

Weights: Once, a barre class, for about an hour.

Run: Four times, all on the road, for 22 miles in 3 hours, 41 minutes. This worked out to be an easy run that got cut a bit short and slow because of the heat, another easy run done at dusk to avoid the heat, a 5K at my husband’s pace, and a 9-miler later that day to make a “long run” of 12 miles in two parts, suffering in the day’s heat.

Total: Six sessions in about 5 hours, 44 minutes.

This is the third week in a row I’ve gotten in six sessions, so it seems to be working for me. I did more time overall last weekend when I got some training in both Saturday and Sunday, and I didn’t bike at all this week. But, all things considered, I got in some decent running mileage and two “other” sessions – not too shabby.

It’s supposed to be high 90s/100s later this week so who knows what lies ahead! There might be more indoor-and-air-conditioned workouts than usual in the works. We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment