Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A crappy-turned-good run for Global Running Day and a weigh-in

Today was Global Running Day and I'd be darned if I WASN'T going to run today. I had to work a little later than expected and the skies were starting to turn gray, but I went out anyway.

A bit wet but otherwise unharmed.
For the first 3.5 miles my legs felt 100 pounds each, my shins hurt, and I had trouble breathing. Was it the heat and humidity from the coming storm? Was I dehydrated? Probably a little of both. After my last traffic/drink stop, I felt like a new person and rocked it for the last 1.5 miles. Maybe the Gatorade kicked in or the air cooled down. Maybe the break forced me to re-align my form for the better. Who knows. I could have called it in and walked back, but the coming storm forced me to stick it out and I'm glad it did.

It's the first of the month so I got back on the scale to a disappointing number. I know the scale isn't the be-all-end-all, but I'd still like that number to go downward. Alas, going out of town twice last month wasn't good for my waistline.

Down, then up. Ugh.
Sigh. My husband and I already discussed how we've been eating a lot of junk lately and how we need to clean our diets back up. I've let a lot of sugar back in my diet and it shows. But, I've eaten or made salads for lunch every day this week. And we decided to stay in tonight instead of going out for dinner. Baby steps.

It's frustrating, but I'm trying to stay on track. After all, the better care I take of myself, the more crappy-turned-great runs I'll have. (Hopefully!).

No comments:

Post a Comment