Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Tonight was a gr8 run.

I went out for an easy 5 after work today and I just felt ON. The air was cool, I was well fueled, my knee felt fine, and I was in a good headspace. When I hit my Garmin, I just took off.

The result was 5 miles at an average pace of 8:55, which is the fastest I've run since last summer, by a lot. I was so happy when I saw my final pace that I almost cried.
You get an 8, and you get an 8, and you get an 8.
Those miles included an 8:56, an 8:22 and an 8:52. The 8:22 gets an asterisk because I did have to stop for traffic halfway through. But the 8:56 and the 8:52 are mine, all mine.

I have been keeping an eye on my recent "fast" miles and I've had a few at 9:0something over the last few months. My run last Monday included a 9:02 and a 9:05, which also made me want to celebrate.

I still have a long way to go, but for the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm on my way. And moving a bit more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment