Monday, May 30, 2016

Week in review May 23-29: On the road, off my game

A decent variety but not much overall time.
I was out of town again for part of last week, and had to work one evening, so I didn't get to do a whole lot of training. This trip was a quick road trip to see friends before the holiday, so I took running clothes with me, but they stayed in the bag, sadly.

I'm not much of a jet-setter, and I'm definitely not one to take two trips in a month, so it's kind of funny that these two happened back to back. But, the rest and relaxation that comes with hanging out at your friends' place, playing with their adorable daughter, and eating barbecue went a long way, so it wasn't a total loss.

Swim: Once, 2400 meters in just longer than an hour.

Bike: Once, for 1:20 on the trainer.

Run: Once, on the road, for 5 miles in about 49 minutes, my first real hot run this season.

Yoga: Once, in my living room, of mostly hip and hamstring stretches for 30 minutes.

Total: Four sessions in about 3:45.

I had big hopes to swim this morning but made it all the way to the pool only to find it was closed. Harumph. However, I did get in a nice run in the heat, and am almost done prepping my food for the next few days, so hopefully I have enough momentum to get this week off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment