Thursday, July 16, 2015

Quick mid-week check-in

It rained the other day. I got wet.
I've been busy all week with work and training, which I guess is a good thing because I've been hitting all my swim-bike-run workouts.

Tuesday afternoon it started raining before my usual run time. My boss caught me looking sadly out the window and scolded me: "No, you cannot go running." OK, that was funny. I kept an eye on the radar and when the skies cleared a bit I decided to go for it. I ran 3 out to the water fountain when I turned around to head back to my car...

It started raining again. I hung out under the roof for a bit (and drank lots of water!), but eventually decided to go for it. I got wet, of course, but it felt refreshing. And everyone knows running in the rain makes you even more of a badass.

I was at the very end of yesterday's run and I must not have been paying attention because I stepped on a stick and turned my ankle... BADLY. I had to take a break and walk gingerly for a few minutes before I was sure I would live. I did finish my run, but very carefully. It's a bit tender today but didn't bother me at all on today's run -- whew.

One more early early morning tomorrow and then my usual weekend full of training. My goal is to get up and moving before late afternoon so I'm not training 'til 8 p.m. on the weekend. And maybe have some fun in the process, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment