Friday, February 13, 2015

Three times a swimmer

I found this old, amazing pic of me. My form is a bit better these days. =)
One of my February goals was to add an extra day of biking and swimming on alternate weeks. I am happy to say that as of this morning, I have made it to the pool three times this week. Woo-hoo! I haven't made it to the pool three times in a week since I was in the thick of 70.3 training last July, and it feels good to going more often again.

As an added bonus, I've been taking advantage of a few extra minutes in the water, hitting the 2800 meter mark the last four times I've been. I know this wouldn't be a big deal for you serious swimmers, but it is for me. Go, me!

2800 meters three times this week is a total of 8400 meters. I had to look up the last time I swam that much in a week, since last summer I was still in the 2000-2200 range with the occasional 2400 session. I swam about 8600 meters the week of Independence Day last week, with two trips to the pool, one trip to the lake on my day off, and then a race of an open water mile followed by an Aquathon that Sunday. I only came close one other time, later that month when I was in peak 70.3 training, with 8300 meters in three trips to the pool and one trip to the lake.

I have a long way to go before I become a "real" swimmer, but these increased distances and decreased times are good for the ego -- not to mention being five months ahead of where I was last year. Like anything else, I just keep chugging away.

No comments:

Post a Comment