Sunday, February 22, 2015

Back-to-back long ride and long run

I've gone through a LOT of shows on the treadmill this winter.
Life got in the way this weekend.

My mom and I went on a last-minute shopping trip to see if we could find dresses for my sister's wedding coming up -- she was successful, I wasn't -- and the trip I thought would take 3-4 hours ended up closer to 7. That resulted in an exhausted me coming home late and an unscheduled day off from training.

But where there's a will, there's a way. Today, after my husband and I finished running our errands and enjoying a cup of coffee at a shop we haven't been to in a while, I hopped on the bike trainer and pedaled, and pedaled, and pedaled. After some refueling, I hopped on the treadmill and ran, and ran, and ran. All told it was 2 hours on the trainer and 10 miles on the treadmill. And I was done in time to make dinner at a decent hour.

Ideal? No. Did I make the best of the time I had? I'd like to think so. Life isn't always going to fit around my training schedule, and from time to time I'll need to adapt. And sometimes that means a LOT of Arrested Development on the trainer and treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment