Tuesday, February 3, 2015

January in review and looking forward to February

My valentines are swimming, biking and running. =)
Another month over. Training-wise, I think my January went pretty well other than getting sick for a few days. Let's take a look:

Swim goal: Get to the pool twice a week.
Swim actual: I managed six swims, so closer to 1.5 times per week. I lost a couple to being sick and another one to schedule shuffling.

Bike goal: Get on the trainer three times a week.
Bike actual: I managed 13 trainer rides, for a total of a whopping 20 hours! I think I only missed one training ride to a sick day. Success!

Run goal: Break 100 miles.
Run actual: Another success! I logged 105 miles for January.

Weights goal: Six times.
Weights actual: I did five sessions, three weights videos and two heavy weight/body weight sessions. Eh, not bad. I'll take it. I also did plyo moves after every session.

Yoga goal: Six times.
Yoga actual: Five times. I have been bad about getting my yoga in lately, so I'll take it!

Pre-hab goal: Six times.
Pre-hab actual: Twice, both the week I was sick. I'm going to keep trying to make this a priority until it sticks!

Weight goal: Lose three pounds.
Weight actual: I fluctuated up and down this month but ended 1.6 pounds lighter than what I started. Sigh. I was hoping for a bigger loss.

Other goal: Swim, bike and run more this January than I did last January.
Other actual: Success! Last year I swam 5 times, and this year I made it to the pool 6 times. Last year I got on the trainer 10 times, and this year was 18. And last year I ran 21 miles. Yeah, I'd say 105 is an improvement.

OK. So what's the plan for February?

I'm going to try adding a few more days of swimming and biking. During the season, I swim 3-4 times a week, but I almost always ride only 3 days a week. So this month, I'm going to try to add a day of each every other week. So this week I'll swim twice and ride 4 times; next week I'll add one more swim day to do each 3 times. I'll try it for a month and then reevaluate.

I want to hit 100 miles for running again. It may take some finagling of the day of my last long run of the month, considering we only have 28 days. But if I am consistent with my shorter runs, I think I can pull it off.

I want to stay on my schedule of yoga, weights and pre-hab, seriously with the pre-hab this time.

And I want to lose those three damn pounds!

I've got my work cut out for me, sure. But I think I can build off January's success for a strong February!

No comments:

Post a Comment