Thursday, February 26, 2015

I am so over winter.

Ugh.
I am DONE.

Every year about this time, I wonder to myself, "Why on earth do I choose to live in a place that has single-digit temperatures and below-zero wind chills during the winter?" I mean, sure -- most of my family lives within an hour's drive, the venomous spiders and snakes are few and far between, and if there's ever a natural disaster the fresh water will be plentiful. But other than that...

I have cabin fever (and frostbite and snow blindness, it feels like) and I cannot WAIT to get outside to ride and run and even swim a bit. We have high temperatures in the teens predicted for today and tomorrow, and then, triathlon gods willing, it is supposed to warm up to the 30s through the weekend and into early next week. I have never been so excited to see a high temperature of 32 in the forecast.

The light at the end of the tunnel is our family Florida vacation planned is just longer than two weeks away. I'm bringing my running shoes and swimsuit and I WILL enjoy that sunshine and warmth, because who knows when it will be coming back to Michigan.

In the meantime, I'll be running on the treadmill and riding on the trainer in multiple layers, dreaming of spring.

2 comments:

  1. Last winter was the snowiest ever in GR so you figure that's a fluke and can't happen again, which is true. Of course this is now the coldest February on record... so that's awesome. I agree and I am done with winter, even though I normally love it. For some reason I haven't gotten into it this year. I don't know if it's b/c I'm stuck running and riding inside, which I hate, or if it's b/c we haven't been skiing as much. Either way, I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to stay active during winter but not when it's single-degree temps. I haven't even gotten to enjoy the season because it's been so cold. Boo!

      Delete