Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Off to a slow start this week, so enjoy this funny picture



This happened.




After last week, my best training week since I started tracking, I'm off to a slow start this week. I didn't finish my 18-miler until Sunday evening so I knew that getting to the pool Monday would be a pipe dream at best. Plus, after a monster weekend, I really appreciated, and needed, the extra sleep.

Complicating things a bit more, some of my coworkers are in town, and they wanted to go out for barbecue and a Tigers baseball game. Who am I to say no to such a request? We ate way too much and had a good time at the ballpark, even though the Tigers played horribly.

Of course, the consequence of going out on a "school night" is two-fold: 1. I can't do an after-work run, and 2. I get home too late to get up early and hit the pool. As a result, it's midday Wednesday and I've only done one training session this week.

Oh well — what can I do? Be anti-social? This is only a couple days of training, so I'm hoping to get back into my routine tonight and kick it in for a strong finish.

And as for the picture, I was swimming along, minding my own business last week. At a break between sets, I adjusted my cap, and noticed it felt funny. Then realized it felt funny because it was ripping in two right off my head.

Luckily, I was near the end of my session and just did the last few sets cap-less. Also luckily, I am a planner-ahead-er and already have an extra in my swim bag.

Maybe this is how I'll find a use for all the extra swim caps I pick up at races!

No comments:

Post a Comment