Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Week in review 30 June to 6 July: Ending on a high note

                      


I trained consistently and ended the week on a high note with a great race. I can't ask for much more than that.

Swim: Five swims, total: Two pool swims for about an hour each time, one practice open-water swim of about a half hour, and two separate swims for my open-water mile race and aquathon race on Sunday. This worked out to about 3.5 hours.

Bike: One roller ride for 1.25 hours, and a personal-distance record of 50 miles on the road, which took me about 3.25 hours. So, about 4.5 hours in the saddle all together.

Run: All on the road this week: One medium-distance run for 8 miles, one long run of 14.5 miles, one quick and easy run for 3 miles, and the two 1.25-mile runs that made up the run-swim-run aquathon race. All told, this worked out to 28 miles in about 4.5 hours.

Other: One long dog walk and one weights video with some pull-up skill work afterward, for a total of just less than 2 hours.

Overall: About 14.5 hours, which is an excellent week for me.

The moral of the story, getting in a long bike ride one day and a long run another day will help boost your total training time. I was lucky enough to have a few extra days off for the Independence Day holiday so I could stagger my long days and my race days, but I probably won't have that luxury for the rest of the season. So, back to it for another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment