Monday, July 21, 2014

Week in review 14-20 July: Long rides and big bricks

 
Lots of biking. Some running. A bit of swimming.

I got off to a slow start this week, and only got one weekday run in, but I finished strong to have an overall good week.

I think I need to come up with a better plan for those midweek runs. I like to swim or ride my trainer in the mornings because it's 90% humidity some days. But lately, work and life has been happening during the evenings, which get in the way of my planned miles. So, when do I run? Later at night means I go to bed later which means I don't get up early enough for my morning workout. Lunchtime? Maybe for short runs when I'm working from home, but that's not feasible every day. Ugh. I don't have a solution yet.

Anyway, a summary of my week:

Swim: I was still wiped from my long run Sunday to get up early and swim Monday, but I did make it to the pool Wednesday and Friday mornings for about an hour. I also made it out to the lake to swim across and back, which took about a half hour. This works out to three swims in about 2.5 hours.

Bike: Two morning trainer rides of 1.25 hours, and my longest bike ride ever of 60 miles, which took me about 4 hours. Overall, this was 6.5 hours in the saddle.

Run: Only one weekday run (ugh) of 3 quick miles for about a half hour, one long brick of about 6 miles in about an hour, and one stepback long run of 12 miles in about 2 hours. This works out to 21 miles in about 3.5 hours.

Other: Nothing. I just ran out of time.

Overall: About 12.5 hours, which is a good week for me.

Let's look at some pie charts. Here's my week of 12.5 hours:

And here's how it compares Ironman splits in my age group:
 
So, about on point as far as time spent goes.

After a significant training weekend I'm ready to take it easy for a day and get back to it. And get some runs in during the week, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment