Monday, June 16, 2014

Week in review 9-15 June and one word: UGH


Ugh. Look how little time I spent running this week. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

My allergies gave me a terrible time this week. I could barely breathe for much of the day Monday, and I was up most of the night Thursday with a stress headache and Saturday coughing. That took out both those morning training sessions.

ARRRRGH! I need to buckle down. I'm about two months away from the 70.3 I've been looking at and if I can't start doing some serious training, I'm going to have to reconsider whether or not it's a good idea.

Swim: Twice for about 1 hour each session.

Bike: Twice on the trainer, and once on the road followed by another hour on the trainer because I was annoyed I had to cut my road ride short when the road opened back up to traffic. In all, just under 5 hours.

Run: I'm not sure what happened here — just one quick run with my dog for about 1/2 hour. I made up a bike trainer ride in the evening one day, cutting into my usual run time. I hung out with friends one night, cutting into that run time. And I was busy with Father's Day yesterday, so I didn't get in my usual afternoon long run.

Other: At the very least, I got one round of hip pre-hab in during a conference call, and did one weights video. That's something.

I'm frustrated with how life hasn't been conducive to my training lately. I need to get over this allergy attack, buckle down, and cancel every single social event until the season is over. Well, I feel like that's the only way to get all my workouts in, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment