Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Thunder when I want to swim, thunder when I want to run




I woke up just before my 5:10 a.m. alarm this morning. Still foggy in the brain, I thought to myself, "Ugh, I hope it's going to thunderstorm, then I won't feel guilty about missing my swim."

So I checked the weather on my phone and sure enough, thunderstorms were on the way. (I didn't have the presence of mind to take a screen shot at 5 a.m., sadly, but you can tell from these shots that a storm had just gone through.) I reset my alarm for 6 a.m. so I could get up and do some yoga, but I didn't feel like doing that, either, so I slept for another hour. For the record, it was still storming at 6 a.m., which is when the pool opens, so I made the right decision.

Now, at 5:something p.m., when I wanted to get in a tempo run, it is thunderstorming again. I could get on the treadmill... but yuck. I could run around the track at the Y... but again, yuck. I'm keeping an eye on the weather so I can hop outside for a bit once it clears, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think it might be a stretching night after all. But since I trained a whole bunch yesterday and the day before, I could use an easy day. I just wish I didn't have to choose between swimming and sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment