Tuesday, June 10, 2014

And, I jinxed myself.


Well, I sure did it.

I posted yesterday that I was back and starting to get into the habit of training again. Today, of course, am feeling mildly lousy.

I've had a scratchy throat for a couple of days, but I just chalked it up to allergies. I was feeling a bit stuffy yesterday, so I took an allergy pill. I don't remember this particular pill putting me into a coma before, but this time, I could barely keep my eyes open. I almost immediately had to go lie down for an hour and a half, and it was all I could do to keep my eyes open until the reasonable bedtime hour of 8:30 p.m.

I was hitting the tissue box hard earlier today but feel a bit clearer as the day has gone on. I'm still sniffly but am feeling OK otherwise, so I think I'm going to try to make up an easier version of the morning bike trainer ride I slept through.

And the middle thing in my picture isn't a funny watering can, it's a neti pot. I am showing off my hippie-ness but yes, I am a total neti convert. You pour salt water through one nostril and out the other, and it does wonders for clearing out your sinuses, to the point where it might actually gross you out. And I'll leave it at that.

Sniffle, sniffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment