Friday, June 29, 2018

The summer is off to a slow start

I haven't posted much because I don't have a lot going on. It was a rough week this week, and it got off to a slow start. I had good workout days yesterday and today, which felt good.

I did sign up for a 5K in a few weeks! For the third year in a row, I hope to run the Pure Detroit 5K (2016, 2017 race reports). It's right down the street from me and I will be totally fine running it slowly at my own pace, as my knee is still healing.

I also found a flat duathlon at the end of summer that I am thinking about, although I'm not signed up for it quite yet. I've never done a du, so it would be an automatic PR. Yay!

I failed on one of my healthy living goals this month — take at least a long weekend off every month this summer. I took two half days this month, once for a migraine and once to get out of town to escape the fireworks, but that was it.

Also, I missed the broadcast of "40 Years of Dreams," not hearing about it until I had already left for work, too late to set my DVR. (Trailer here.) If you saw it, let me know how it is!
I will watch this eventually!



No comments:

Post a Comment