Saturday, June 9, 2018

Adding more weights back into the routine

Since I was unofficially discharged from PT last week, and I'm no longer doing any lunges or lower-body weights at the clinic, I decided to add them back into my heavy/body weight exercises today.

I took it super easy and did 10 each of deadlifts, squats, forward lunges, and backward lunges with 15 pound weights in each hand. (I also added pushups back into the routine and did all my usual stuff.) I was careful not to drop too low on any move and to pay close attention to how my knee was feeling. The good news is it felt fine throughout.

I'll probably never deadlift my bodyweight and squat ass-to-grass again, but it did feel good to do something even moderately challenging for my lower half. And it felt even better that my knee cooperated.


And after I biked, lifted, and did my PT, I scrubbed the shower because adulting. It was the sweatiest I got all day! Then I rewarded myself with a pedicure, wine, and chocolate.




No comments:

Post a Comment