Monday, June 18, 2018

Week in review June 11-17: 10 miles of run/walking! But not enough PT

Not a bad week - a nice variety, even if PT was lacking.
It feels like 103 degrees outside so I am hibernating for the foreseeable future. Yesterday was the hottest day of the year here so far. After a walk around the block, my dogs pass out for two hours. (OK, that part I don’t mind.)

I did move my run indoors yesterday, but I did run twice last week and ride once last week outside before the heat wave moved in. I hit one of my goals of run/walking 10 miles over the course of the week, but I definitely slacked on the PT.

Other than that it wasn't a bad week. I had a good mix of training (except for swimming) although I didn't do as much as I would have liked in each. I really want to hit 10 hours of training one of these weeks! 9.5 hours last week is the best I've done in a while.

Anyway, last week worked out to be:

Bike: Three times, twice on the trainer and one nice road ride, for a bit less than 3 hours. My road ride was 20 miles in about an hour and a half, super easy and spinning up the "hills" that pass for hills in southeast Michigan.

Run/walk: Three times, twice on the road and once on the treadmill, for a total of 10.27 miles in about 2:45. Everything felt operational.

PT/rehab: Major slackage here. Only twice for an hour total. Blech.

Weights: One hour-long barre class.

Yoga: One 20-minute solo session.

Total: 10 sessions in almost exactly 8 hours.

Another victory from last week was that I did at least one thing every single day. Hooray! I prepped food for the week on Sunday and took a salad to work for lunch every single day. Hooray, again! Training wasn't 100% but healthy eating was on point, and that counts for something.

Heat wave be damned. Hopefully this next week will be even better than last.



No comments:

Post a Comment