Monday, July 2, 2018

Week in review June 25-July 1: Starting with a bang and ending with a bummer

Well, at least I had some consistency for bike, weights, run/walk, and PT.
I ended last week on a down note: My knee was bothering me to the point where I didn’t think it would be prudent to do any kind of workout. Add to that a rest day Monday due to skipping town to avoid the fireworks and resulting dog meltdowns, I had two full rest days this week.

It has been so hot I have moved a few runs indoors, and I really think treadmill running is messing with my knee. My treadmill isn’t great and my belt will jump occasionally. Plus, I remember it hurting more after treadmill runs in the past. So I think I’m going to take a couple days off and start running outside again once this heat waves move out.

Staying inside in the air conditioning Saturday meant I logged my second bike and second weight workout of the week, plus the third PT session. So, even with two days off, my totals weren't terrible:

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for about 2:21 and 22 fake trainer miles.

Weights: Twice, one barre class and one heavy/body weight session, for about 2:15 total.

Run/walk: Twice, one on the road and one on the treadmill, for 8 miles in about 1:50. Right now I'm at a 4:00 run/2:00 walk interval schedule, run four times total.

PT/rehab: Three times, all homework sessions, for about 1:45.

Yoga: One solo session for about 15 minutes.

Total: Ten sessions in about 8:25.

It wasn’t a bad week, I just wish I could have ended a bit stronger. And my knee was a bit stronger. Hopefully, resting it for a few days will help me get things back on track. I few days when it's not quite as hot as the surface of the sun will help, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment