Monday, July 30, 2018

Week in review July 23-29: A few workouts among family gatherings

Not a bad range.
I was the most social last week that I've been in a long, long time. We went out with friends at the pool Tuesday after work and went out on Friday. Saturday we headed out of town for my sister's best friend's wedding. She stayed over on Sunday, and my parents and uncle came over for dinner. Whew! It was a lot of entertaining.

Except for Tuesday night, I still managed one workout every day (and I made up for Tuesday night with a run early Wednesday!). So I am pretty proud of myself for keeping things consistent even through all the hullabaloo. Ideally, I would have gotten to the pool earlier on Tuesday and swam some laps before our friends got there, but dumb work got in the way. Not being independently wealthy sucks!

It worked out to be:

Run/walk: Three times, all on the road, for 11 miles in 2:20. I actually pushed on my Wednesday morning run and saw a glimpse of a 7 go by in my pace field. My knee has been doing mostly OK -- I'll still get twinges of discomfort now and then, but nothing that actually prevents me from running.

Rehab/PT: Three home sessions for about 2 hours.

Weights: One barre class and one video before I rushed out of town for 1:55 total. I had to get up early Saturday, which wasn't fun, but it was worth it to get everything taken care of.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 15.5 fake miles in about an hour and a half.

Total: 10 workouts in about 7:47. Still more than an hour average per day, so I can't be mad about that.

Of course I would have loved to get in some longer training sessions, but we had a blast celebrating and hanging out with friends and family. Well worth it! And, a good week overall anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment