Monday, July 16, 2018

Week in review July 9-15: Family, a 5K, and a bit of everything

It was a little bit of everything last week.
I had a bunch of stuff going on last week, and some of it did affect my training. But it was good stuff – I gave up most of my Saturday to attend my cousin’s graduation party out of town, but got to hang out with some family members and even teach my grandma how to send pictures from her phone. And my husband and I jogged a 5K Sunday morning, which threw off the entire’s day schedule but was also a ton of fun.

Training-wise, the week started off slowly with an easy swim on Monday evening, an easy run/walk on Tuesday evening, and a barre class Wednesday. Nothing too strenuous but at least it was some kind of activity, consistently. But, the bad news is I didn’t do any PT until Thursday, doing half my routine that night and the other half Friday, and that was it for the week. Ugh, ugh, ugh. I really struggle to find the time for PT when I prioritize running, cycling, and weights.

But, at least I am doing my weights; I did a video for the first time in forever as well as that barre class. And since a lot of the PT and weights moves overlap, at least that is something???

I made myself do some yoga on Sunday night just so I could say I did a little bit of every type of activity I usually track:

Run/walk: Three times, all on the road and one race, for 10.35 miles in about 2:40.

Weights: Twice, a barre class and a video, in about 1:55.

Bike: Just one trainer ride for about 50 minutes.

PT/Rehab: One round of my exercises in two sessions for about 45 minutes.

Swim: Some very easy drills for about 45 minutes.

Yoga: One solo session for 15 minutes. My hips are so, so tight. Ugh.

Total: 10 sessions in about 7:10, which is still more than an hour a day so I am not complaining.

I was happy to get back into the pool. We made another adjustment to my thyroid meds, for the 5,397th time, which should hopefully help with the anxiety I've been feeling in and out of the water. With a physiological explanation to what was going on, I was able to calmly do some kick board and pull buoy drills. It was the first kicking I've done in months and my knee felt fine afterward.

Overall, it was a good week with a lot of good stuff. I'm hopeful as we move into the next.




1 comment:

  1. Well done on the 5k AND on getting back in the pool.

    ReplyDelete