Sunday, July 1, 2018

Two bummers on this Sunday

1. My knee has been bothering me these last few days. The only thing I've done differently is run on the treadmill a few times in the past couple of weeks. My form isn't great to begin with, so add in the unnatural running on the treadmill and it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

"Just run outside!" you say. Well:
Feels like 96 degrees after 7 p.m. Yuck!
2. A friend of mine ran the Independence Aquathon today. I've done it a few times (2014 and 2015 race reports here) and DNF'd/DNS'd once (2016). My swimming has been in the toilet pretty much since then. I've really struggled with my times and keeping my anxiety under control. I'd like to say it's a work in progress but I haven't done anything lately that could be considered progress.
I've even won a couple of age group awards at this event!
I'm trying to stay positive, but ugh.

I did go to an outdoor pool yesterday, when the heat index was more than 100 degrees, just to splash around. It was nice to get in the pool with zero expectations.

There's nothing I can do except keep working at what I can do. If I can't run or swim, at least I can ride and stay inside in the air conditioning.




No comments:

Post a Comment