Monday, September 25, 2017

Week in review Sept. 18-24: Back in the game

Not a bad week back.
I'm going to make it quick since I really need to get to bed. But after a week where a bad cold kept me from doing only one 3-mile run, I was thrilled to have a good week of bike, run, and lift.

I had a couple of easy runs on the treadmill to start the week, to make sure I could handle a run and to avoid drizzle and cold. I managed a mid-week trainer ride and weights video and a couple more runs to round out the work week. I ended Thursday's run literally covered in bugs that were apparently woken up out hibernation by the heat.

I had a great bike ride Saturday but, sadly, it's probably one of the last outside for a while. I'm most likely working all day this Saturday, the last day the road is closed to car traffic until May. I started out with an OK run Sunday, but the heat was just too much for me and I called it at 5 miles.

The most maddening thing about the week is I came in a just less than 10 hours. Had I done 10 fricking minutes of yoga I would have hit it. GRRRRR! I need to add up my totals Sunday afternoons just to avoid that.

Anyway, it was:

Run: 5 times, 2 on the treadmill and 3 on the road, for 29 miles in about 4.75 hours. I don't usually do 5 runs in a week but this worked out to a two on, one off rotation.

Bike: Twice, once on the trainer for 11.8 fake miles and once on the road for 35 real miles, in a bit longer than 3 hours.

Weights: 3 sessions, 1 video plus 1 heavy/body routine in two parts (I saved squats and lunges until after Sunday's run) in about 2 hours.

Total: 10 total sessions in a hair shorter than 10 hours.

Overall, it was great to be back after being sick. The heat was a bummer but I still got in some solid training time, and it felt good.



No comments:

Post a Comment