Monday, September 4, 2017

Week in review Aug. 28-Sept. 3: Nothing special, but a little bit of everything

Not a bad variety of workouts.
I did a bit of everything last week: two sessions each of run, bike and yoga, and one of swim. Since I hit 100 running miles mid-week, I took it easy for the rest of the week run-wise. But that also meant I hit the pool for the first time in two months, so I consider that a success!

A friend was in town Friday night, so I didn't get a workout in that day. But managing at least one workout every other day meant that I had a decent week overall.

By the numbers, it was:

Bike: Twice, once on the trainer and once on the road, for 35 road miles and 11 trainer "miles" in about 3 hours, 9 minutes.

Weights: Twice, one video and one heavy/body session, for about 2 hours, 15 minutes. I managed to add a rep here and there in my heavy/body routine.

Run: Twice, both on the road, for 12 miles in a bit less than 2 hours. Since I had already hit 100 miles for August and I'm not training for anything, this was good enough for me for the week.

Swim: I MADE IT TO THE POOL! And it was actually a decent swim. A bit longer than a mile in about 52 minutes, mostly drills. This was all about just getting there, getting in the water, and finishing my swim without cramps or panic attacks.

Yoga: Twice, both self-guided sessions, for about 30 minutes.

Total: 9 sessions in about 8:43. Nothing spectacular, but a decent showing.

It was nice not having to go to bed early yesterday, since I'm at the tail end of Labor Day weekend, allowing me to get in an extra yoga session before a late bedtime. But it's back to the grind tomorrow. Here's hoping you all got in some extra training and relaxing this long weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment