Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Week in review Sept. 11-17: Sick, sick, run, sick, sick

And it took about 6 Benadryl to get me there.
I was feeling about 90% back to normal yesterday, so I spent the evening catching up on everything that got pushed to the wayside while I was sick over the weekend, and neglected to do a weekly wrap-up.

There’s nothing much to wrap up, anyway, as I only managed one 3-mile run all last week. I started feeling sick Monday, felt better and ran Wednesday, and then got actually sick Thursday into Friday. Luckily I was on the mend by Saturday, so although it sucked at least it was fast-hitting and fast-leaving.

So my grand weekly totals are:

Run, once on the road, for 3 miles in about 29 minutes. Technically they were descending miles, taking 2 seconds off from miles 1-2 and 4 more seconds off from miles 2-3, so I’ll count that as an additional success.

Of course I’m bummed I lost a whole week, but in the great scheme of things, I only missed one day of work, I didn’t have any real plans I had to cancel on Saturday, I was mostly recovered so I could enjoy my Sunday and get a few things done, etc. And, if anything else, this is a good reminder that I need to get my flu shot this year.

I hope your week of training went better than mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment