Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Week in review May 27-June 2: There are allergies among us

Hooray for biking and running!
It has been a busy couple of days and I’m just now catching up on everything. What I’m 95% sure is seasonal allergies hit me HARD on Thursday and I’ve been a sniffly, sneezy, itchy mess since then. Yesterday (Monday) I had to work an early event and at the end of the day only had enough mental energy left for a trainer ride and dinner before taking two different antihistamines (I know…) and collapsing into bed. The good news is after a proper doping up and a good night’s sleep, I was mostly functional today.

I lost one training day last week (Monday) to traveling home from the long Memorial Day weekend, and I lost another training day (Friday) to post-work, allergy-onset exhaustion. I had a change of plans Saturday which meant I could get in a trainer ride, hooray! Most of all, I was happy I could run, outside, with my husband, THREE times last week. They are still very slow wogs but I was positively giddy to be out there each time.

Broken down by the numbers, it was:

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for 37.5 fake trainer miles in about 2:32. I could have rearranged my schedule to get outside Saturday before storms rolled in, but we already had brunch plans with friends and I was still a bit tired. I’m going to shoot for getting outside this Saturday.

Run/Walk:
Three times, all outside, for 6.6 total miles in about 1:43. I’m still at a 2-minute run / 3-minute walk interval so naturally these are still very slow as I get back into it. BUT I am happy to be getting back into it. Any serious race or distance plans are pretty much out the window, so I’m going to focus on building up for a 5K we do every summer and learning how to run with correct form.

PT: One homework session for about 30 minutes. This was seriously lacking this week – it just fell to the wayside with everything else going on.

Total: Six sessions for about 4:45. Eh, not as good as I would have liked, but I did lose two days. I also didn’t do any weights or yoga. Bad. I also didn’t swim. Also bad, but I can’t breathe, either, so I get a pass on that one.

In other news, last week included fun activities such as napping, a very nice dinner with a friend, brunch with other friends, picking up my parents’ Shih Tzu to spend this week with us, and generally getting back into our mostly-usual routine. I’m thrilled the weather is finally starting to behave more like summer (allergies be darned) and I am looking forward to moving more of my training outside. Hooray, sunshine and not being cold all the time!



No comments:

Post a Comment