Monday, June 17, 2019

Week in review June 10-16: Another steady grind of trainer, wog, and PT

Lots of biking and decent amounts of other stuff.
The first order of good news from last week was that I finally squeezed in some yoga for the first time in about 100 years. My hips are SOOO tight and it did help.

Otherwise, I did pretty much the same workouts I did the previous week, except I didn’t make it outside on my bike. So, while I have one additional training session, I actually logged a bit less time.

But that's OK. Overall, it was a much less busy week and weekend and I appreciated the not having to run around as much. I dare say it was pretty boring, which was fine by me. Of course it rained off and on all weekend, which is why I did my long ride on the trainer on Saturday. I did finagle my schedule around on Sunday to hang out with my dad for a bit, and I still managed a wog (getting rained on in the process) and all my food prep in the afternoon/evening. Yay, me!

I also added one more run/walk interval to my Sunday wog and I am pretty sure it’s why I’m stiff and sore today. I was going to bump my intervals from 2:30/2:30 to 3:00 run/2:00 walk this week, but I think I’ll wait one more week on that now just to make sure I’m building back slowly enough.

Last week shook out to be:

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 53.5 trainer “miles” in about 3:38. Nothing special here, just my usual shorter rides of longer intervals and shorter intervals, with a more steady-state ride on Saturday while watching the Women’s World Cup replay and reading Tennis magazine. It was a very sports-filled hour and a half, haha.

PT: Twice, one each homework sessions of hamstrings only and hamstrings + knee/glutes, for about 2 hours total. My glutes were SOOO sore after my “everything” PT the week before, I realized I HAVE to keep doing it to keep my muscles strong.

Run/Walk: Three times, all easy run/walk intervals, for 8.05 miles in about 1:47. I love my husband dearly but I definitely keep a faster pace when I run solo, and I ran all three runs this week alone. Add the one extra interval on Sunday for a bit more mileage than usual.

I was feeling discouraged about my running last week so I went back to my blog posts from a year ago to remind myself that only last summer I was healing from a knee injury and had to come back bit by bit then. Sure, a few years ago, an 8-miler was my usual after-work Wednesday run, but I am optimistic that if I just keep rebuilding smartly and work on my underlying form issues and pre-hab, eventually I will be stronger in the end.

Weights: One video for about 1:05. Nothing special here, and I wish I could have fit in my usual heavy/body weight routine, but at least I got something in.

Yoga: Hooray! It was just one 15-minute session of mostly hip stretches, but I definitely needed it.

Total: 10 sessions in about 8:44. Not bad at all! This was at least one thing every day, too. Gotta keep that momentum going.

I’m expecting that this week will be another relatively boring grind of trainer rides and wogging, with more PT and weights thrown in as I can. I have some time off next week so I won’t need to do any food prep for the week on Sunday, hooray! It still remains to be seen what the weather will be like over the weekend, but I’d really love to get my bike outside again. I miss riding in the fresh air! I am hoping I can fit in a couple after-work runs to non-rainy days, too.

I hope you had a good training week and have an even better one on its way.



No comments:

Post a Comment