Saturday, June 8, 2019

First outdoor ride of the year!

Riding outside, hooray! (this was taken at 3 mph on a side trail)
I FINALLY made it outside to ride today! It seemed like everything was against me. One of our usual brunch friends waffled on time and place, the farmer's market was super busy, etc. But! I persevered and made it out to the closed-to-traffic street with a good two hours to spare.

I'm always a little nervous for the first few miles, like my bike is going to disintegrate or something. I had prepped my bike the night before, cleaned the chain, checked my tires, etc. and even popped into a bike shop to buy a couple spare tubes. After a couple of miles I got more comfortable and settled in. All told I did 31.65 in about two hours, finishing up just as the parks and rec trucks were opening the road back up.

When I first headed out I couldn't believe how fast I was going, and patting myself on the back for all my hard work all winter on TrainerRoad. Then, I turned around. And discovered I had been riding assisted with a tailwind. Ha! Oh well, it was still a beautiful day and I was thrilled to be out there.

Happy riding!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment