Monday, April 16, 2018

Week in review April 9-15: Happy Marathon Monday! (even if I can’t run)

Bike, PT, despair.
WOWEE, what a finish! Yay, Desi! She is local-ish and trains not far from me, but I’m not worthy to tie her running shoes. Ha! Luckily, my boss is also a runner, so I was able to sneak in 10 or so minutes of marathon watching during the day to see the victory.

Anyway. I don’t have a whole lot to report this week because I didn’t do a whole lot. It was a lot of the same ol’, same ol’: I had to work one night, my knee hurt, and the weekend was busy. Combine all that and you get a perfect storm of not doing a lot of training.

I have been frustrated, but lately I am getting more and more frustrated with the continued pain and inability to do much. I need to have a serious talk with my therapist soon about whether my expectations are too ambitious or if we need to try a different tactic.

Last week I did:

Rehab/PT: Three times, one therapy session and two homework sessions, for about 2 hours total. Not enough. Blech.

Bike: One super easy trainer ride of 8 fake miles in almost an hour. Boring and depressing because my knee still hurt the next day even with very light resistance.

Total: Four sessions in three hours.

This week I’m going to try to shake it up a bit with shorter bike sessions and maybe some weights afterward, instead of longer bike sessions (which hurt my knee anyway) every other day. It’s cold and miserable outside anyway, so what else am I going to do? Ugh! I just want to get back to a semblance of normal. Warm weather wouldn’t hurt, either.




No comments:

Post a Comment