Monday, April 30, 2018

Week in review April 23-29: Eh, it was a week

"Not great, not terrible" should be my training theme.
It wasn’t a great week training-wise last week, but it wasn’t terrible. I started off strong during the week but had plans on Friday night celebrating my mom’s birthday. I was sooooooooooooooo tired on Saturday (and we didn’t even party that hard! I think I am just cumulatively fatigued) I could barely do my PT. A good chunk of my day Sunday was taken up by first aid training, which was super important, but didn’t leave extra time for training after I did the week’s food prep.

Of the five days I did some kind of movement, I still managed 10 sessions (or at least mini-sessions) and more than 6 hours. So, not terrible, but I could have used a barre class or a swim Friday night, some real exercise on Saturday, and some yoga on Sunday. Oh well.

By the numbers it was:

PT/rehab: 5 sessions, 1 at the clinic and 4 homework sessions at home, for about 3:45 or so.

Bike: Two easy trainer rides for 10 fake miles in about 1:11. My knee was bothering me one day so it was all about being slow and smooth.

Other:
Another day of boxing for about 45 minutes. This was probably the sweatiest I got all week.

Weights: Two sessions of bodyweight/heavy lifting, in about 35 minutes. (I’m still not doing leg work.)

Total: 10 sessions in 6:16.

I did OK with my Operation Be Less of a Fatass goals as well. I drank plenty of water all week, ate fish for dinner twice, did shorter bike and weights workouts during the week, and did my PT or homework 5 times. I did not make it to the pool or do any yoga, sadly.

However, I did have one HUGE success Saturday night. We met friends at the Lexus Velodrome again to watch the racing. The velodrome has a, shall we say, pretty lax policy on bringing in food and drink (we saw one suite with a slow cooker set up, which made us laugh) and my wonderful friends brought a big bag of my favorite super greasy, super salty potato chips. And opened it right in front of me and told me to help myself. It was so hard, because those chips are so damn delicious, but I was able to stay strong and resist! I think weighing in earlier that day a bit heavier than I had the week before served as extra motivation, haha.

My goals for this week are generally the same, as well as buy or order a few health or fitness items (like ankle weights that I can use for my at-home PT exercises). Now that the Great Romaine Scare is over, I am back to eating salads for lunch but swapping out a coconut milk yogurt and herb dressing instead of my usual olive oil. Today was the first day for that and it wasn’t bad!

Another week, another chance to be "not great, not terrible."




No comments:

Post a Comment