Saturday, April 21, 2018

Maybe, possibly, something that could have the potential of being a hint of good news for my knee

I had my weekly physical therapy appointment on Thursday. Accounting for the week I was in Costa Rica, I have now been in physical therapy for 15 weeks. I needed to have a tough conversation with my therapist about whether or not this is working.

I still have pain in my knee when I'm going downstairs and when I'm walking quickly. I feel better, and stronger, and my balance is definitely getting better. But I am disappointed things aren't moving more quickly. Are my expectations too high? Am I just impatient? Do I need to try something else?

When I brought this up to my therapist, right before she started massaging/annihilating my left IT band, she said she was actually pleased with my progress and was only going to schedule me for one more appointment. What what what! We are not jumping to any conclusions, but it seems that I can try running again soon and keep up with all my PT moves at home. Honestly, I'm a bit nervous to try to run again considering walking fast causes pain. I will give it at least until my next appointment next week.

Until then, I'm wearing snazzy kinesio tape on my knee to help my patella track correctly, and hoping for the best.
My spiffy accessory.




2 comments: