Thursday, April 5, 2018

March in review: Not bad for only training half the month

Considering I was on vacation for most of the first half of March, it actually wasn’t that bad of a month, training-wise. I spent almost exactly the same amount of (officially logged) time at PT and on the trainer, with a couple of other oddball workouts in there for good measure.
March training minutes.
Overall, I spent 9:30:13 on the trainer, which works out to 100.25 fake trainer miles in 8 sessions. I did that without even really keeping track. I’m kind of annoyed with myself because one more ride would have made it 112 miles, Ironman distance, but I still broke 100 so I can’t be too sad. It’s almost the same mileage as last month in fewer sessions, but this month I did two longer Saturday sessions and rounded up to the next even mile, which accounts for the difference.

I track PT and rehab more loosely, since there is a decent amount of time gathering equipment and resting between sets in there, but I logged 9:30 for the month of March for that, too. That works out to 3 PT sessions and 9 homework sessions. Real talk: I don’t know if it is doing me any good. It’s been three months and my knee still hurts. How long does it take to strengthen your glutes?

I also lifted weights twice in March and swam, or tried to, once. Overall, it was 23 sessions in about 20.5 hours, which I can’t be too upset about. I definitely would NOT trade my Costa Rican vacation for more training time. =)

Let's also take a look at my loose goals for 2018 over March:

Work through my health issues and re-start a training schedule that gets me back to racing. Still in progress. I’m not as optimistic as I was last month. I don't know what else to do except keep plugging away.

Run some cool places, maybe another marathon. Still in progress. Maybe I will just volunteer this year.

Work on whole-body health, incorporating things like yoga and pre-hab. Still in progress. I stretch during PT, but have to kick myself into gear when it comes to yoga.

Keep a healthy work-life-training-family-friends-other balance. Well, I went on vacation, like a REAL vacation, not staying in a family member’s guest room. Work was work. There wasn’t much “other.” I had a lot of weekend nights in. Oh, well.

Have fun. Yeah, there was some of that. After Costa Rica things were pretty low-key with food prep, errands, training, and not much other stuff. I did try a couple new recipes and made a corned beef for St. Patrick's Day. We had a fun parade in our neighborhood. And we had a heck of a time watching college basketball – Go Blue.

I'm really not sure what's April's going to bring, but it will probably include more easy biking, more physical therapy, more upper body weights, maybe a swim, and maybe some yoga. And, hopefully, some warmer weather so I can get outside. I am so freaking sick of this snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment