Monday, April 23, 2018

Week in review April 16-22: TONS of rehab, lots of other activity too

Lots of colors because I did lots of stuff.
I had another good week last week, considering. By “good” week I mean I did something every day, did some dedicated yoga for the first time in I don’t know how long, and did more than 8 hours of training total. Hey, I will definitely take an average of more than an hour per day at this point.

It wasn’t all sunshine and roses. I am still experiencing twinges of knee pain and am down to very easy, very boring trainer sessions of 5 miles at a time. After some breathing problems on my last visit to the pool, I have yet to make it back. And I’m really starting to wonder if I’ll ever be able to run again. I am trying to stay positive and focus on what I CAN do but man, it is hard sometimes.

By the numbers, last week was:

PT/rehab: SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!! times, one in-clinic therapy session and five homework sessions, for about 4 hours total if I take out all the slacking and walking around time.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for 15 very easy miles in about 1:48.

Weights: Three times, two heavy/body sessions split up into upper body and abs and one barre class, for about 1:30 total. I’m trying to mix it up a bit by splitting weights into shorter sessions during the week.

Other: Since I’m limited to what I can do with my legs, I mixed it up a bit by dusting off my old boxing bag, which I don’t think I have used since my stress fracture years and years ago. I spent 45 minutes trying out almost-forgotten punching combinations. I definitely worked up a sweat and I was definitely sore the next day in a whole new set of muscles.

Yoga: YES, I actually did some dedicated yoga, not just the stretching exercises that are a part of my PT homework. This was just 15 minutes’ worth on Sunday night but man oh man were my hips tight. I needed this.

Total: 14 sessions!!! in about 8:17. Doing PT homework almost every day and splitting up weights moves helped bumped that daily average up. Still, I haven’t had many 8+ hour weeks this year and I will take it!

I’m hoping I can keep the momentum going for another good week.



No comments:

Post a Comment