Sunday, April 1, 2018

Another frustrating swim

I was actually looking forward to swimming last Tuesday. I got the pool with plenty of time, found a decent parking spot, and even had a lane to myself. Jackpot!

I planned to try to do a 400-300-200-100 and back up again, all with a pull buoy of course. And I was actually doing well! Not fast, but less slow than what I have been doing, and the speed was challenging.

And then, at the very end of the first 100, I started getting that panicky feeling and couldn't catch a full breath. I rested a bit and tried again but that was a no go. I pretended to stretch out a cramp, got out of the pool, and headed home early.

I thought that I was done with this panic when I went on a different thyroid medication and started to get my anxiety under control. I've even swam a bunch of times successfully since then! I've been tested before for asthma, so I don't think it's that, but there was a sign up saying the chlorine levels were high. Is there some kind of threshold where I breathe just hard enough and the chlorine is just high enough that it bothers me?

I mean, I'm not fast to begin with, so having breathing problems when I actually try to push myself is pretty depressing. I think if I do make to the pool again any time soon it'll be easy does it until I can get to a doctor and make sure there's nothing physically wrong with me.

Ugh!
Boo not being able to swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment