Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Week in review Dec. 18-24: Back in the saddle, literally

I am just happy to be doing ANYTHING again.
Merry Christmas, happy Boxing Day, a joyous whatever you celebrate. I had a nice, relaxing Christmas Eve, and spent time on the bike, wrapping presents, and watching A Christmas Story (again).

Then, Christmas Day was spent running around like a maniac hither and yon, picking up my brother-in-law from the airport, dropping off the dogs at my parents, working around six other people in my in-laws' kitchen to cook brunch, drinking mimosas, watching A Muppet Christmas Carol (again), heading to my parents' for a relaxing few hours, Skypeing with my sister, and driving home on a sheet of ice. So, you know, the usual.

I took Christmas Day off from any workouts and had another lazy day to mark my first day of vacation, but overall I didn't have a bad showing last week.

Bike: Three times, all on the trainer, for about 31 trainer "miles" in 3 hours. I am just happy to do be doing ANYTHING that doesn't hurt my knee, so I am taking it pretty easy and building my fitness and leg strength back up.

Weights: Twice, one barre class and one solo heavy/bodyweight session, for about 2:10 total. Barre is working for me because the tiny movements don't aggravate anything, and I can modify the larger movements. (Believe me, it still burns.) And I can do things like static squat holds for my solo sessions instead of actual squats.

Walk: I am totally counting a 20-minute warmup walk on the treadmill before my weights session. It was part of a workout, so it counts! (haha)

Total: Six sessions in 5 hours, 30 minutes. Not bad considering I could barely walk a month ago.

I hope to get in training sessions most days this week, even if they're not very intense. Even if I can't run yet, I will feel more like myself if I'm working up a sweat.



No comments:

Post a Comment