Monday, December 4, 2017

Week in review Nov. 27-Dec. 3: I actually logged three workouts this week!

At least it's something.
Although I have knee pain, locking, clicking, catching, etc. my orthopedist thinks it’s just an inflamed IT band and moderate workouts would be OK for now. So I hopped on the bike for an easy half-hour spin and lifted some weights Saturday.

It went OK. My knee was never in any pain but there was definitely twinge-y sensations in areas that haven’t hurt before, so I kept it super easy. I was able to do most of my upper body work without any modifications, and instead of squats and lunges I did weighted holds. Don’t worry, my quads and hamstrings still felt the burn.

I also got in a mini yoga session earlier in the week. These three “workouts” are the most activity I’ve done in a month.

It was:

Bike: One half-hour super easy spin on the trainer.

Weights: One heavy/body weight routine, modified so I could bend my knees as little as possible, for about an hour and 10 minutes.

Yoga: One 15-minute mini session.

Total: Three sessions in just less than 2 hours.

I mean, I’ve got to start somewhere. I’m not going to do any running until at least after my MRI, scheduled for Saturday. Whether something is torn or weak, I’m going to have a lot of rehab work to do, and I want to know what I’m dealing with before I start stressing my knee again. Until then, I’m keeping it easy and non-impact.



No comments:

Post a Comment