Thursday, December 7, 2017

Santa Claus came early!

First, the bad news: My knee isn't doing so hot. I was in a meeting the other day and went to uncross my feet, but instead my ankle caught on something and my leg pulled while my ankle stayed still. I felt something pull in my knee and it hurt so fricking bad. I am proud of myself for not screaming an obscenity, since I was on a conference call (haha). I could barely walk yesterday, but it is feeling better today.

The good news: Santa came early! I can't use it for much right now, but Santa brought me a new Garmin 35. I wanted something not too complicated and with a long-ish battery, and not necessarily a triathlon watch since I already have a bike computer and a swim watch.
Lime green, of course! I love the little workout guy for cardio.
I have been playing with it and am impressed with how intuitive it is. Of course, it's my fourth Garmin computer, so I should know by know what I'm doing. I am sad to retire the 305, but it has served me well for something like 8 years. It's time.

I did wear my new Garmin to bed these last two nights just to see what it would tell me. The first night was about what I expected, although I know I woke up at least twice, which it didn't register. I guess I'm a calm waker-upper? The second night was hilarious once I looked at the results:
6:45 of sleep, OK; 10:27, only in my wildest dreams.
I would KILL to get 10.5 hours of sleep but sadly, that is not what happened. I assure you I did not go to bed at 7:11 pm. My watch was charging happily on the kitchen counter during that time. Also, I just now noticed that I woke up both days at 5:38 am, 22 minutes before my alarm. Interesting! Most days, I wake up a few minutes before my alarm anyway.

My MRI is scheduled for Saturday and my followup appointment for a week from today, so hopefully I will have some answers soon. Also hopefully, I'll be able to use my Garmin as it was intended soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment