Thursday, December 21, 2017

Week in review Dec. 11-17: One workout is better than nothing, I guess

Hello! I'm late checking in for last week, but it's been a busy few days getting ready for Christmas. I wrapped up work and am now on my second day of vacation. I finished season 2 of The Crown, got my hair done, slept in today... you know, typical work break stuff.

After my followup with my orthopedist last Thursday, where we learned I likely have a fissure in my articular cartilage and not a torn meniscus, he cleared me to do anything that doesn't hurt, pound, or bend my knee more than 90 degrees or so. I figured barre would be a good choice since it uses mostly tiny movements and doesn't bend my knee too deeply. I headed to a class Saturday morning.

Verdict: success! I only had to modify a few moves, nothing hurt, and I got a great workout (and was reminded how out of shape my glutes and core are!). I've already been back once this week, partly because of the first success and party because I still have a few classes to use up before they expire in a couple weeks, haha.
It felt really good to log a workout again.
One hour of training last week may not seem like much, but I feel like I'm on my way to getting back in shape. Now, if only I can force myself to get to the pool. Haha.




No comments:

Post a Comment