Tuesday, August 8, 2017

The good and bad of my fastest run in a year

Around and around and around I go.
I went to track last night and killed it. The meat of my run was a ladder of 400 / 800 / 1200 / 1600 / 1200 / 800 / 400, with a 400 recovery lap in between each and a couple water stops when necessary, including before and after the 1600.

(Tangent: I don’t think I’ve ever gone farther than an 800 on the track before. That 1600 was very long.)

After logging this into DailyMile, it shows up as my fastest run, by a 1-second-per-mile average pace, than any other run since August of 2016. The good news: Yay, I’m fast! Or, at least, relatively so. The work I’ve been doing is paying off.

The bad news: Wow, I really haven’t run any faster than that any time in the past 13 months? Eeeek.

But, and this is more good news, I descended every lap on every multiple-lap set. Sure, sometimes the following lap was only a few seconds faster, and I MIGHT have sandbagged gone a bit easier the first laps of the 1200s and 1600, but they were all faster. And I ran multiple laps at a pace that began with a 7, which is always great to see.

And even more good news, I didn’t lose my afternoon snack, which was questionable for a lap or two.

It was a great night and I headed home tired and happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment