Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Week in review Aug. 22-28: All I do is run

Not bad.
Last week was about getting back on a normal schedule. Monday was a travel day, Tuesday was grocery shopping and otherwise trying to get my life back in order before passing out from sheer exhaustion, and Wednesday I had a work event. I did manage to do a quick run afterward, which set me up for a Wednesday-Friday-Sunday every other day running schedule. It’s what’s working for my knees and IT bands right now, so I’m going with it.

I don’t even remember why I didn’t work out Thursday after work, and Saturday was a busy day of meeting up with my in-laws, errands, and helping my cousin move into her college dorm. Friends of ours had a babysitter and wanted to go out that night, which meant my Sunday run got moved to the evening, but I made it work. And we ended up having a great time Saturday, so it was well worth it.

Sadly, I didn’t get any other workouts in, so my totals were:

Run: 3 times, 1.5 on the road and 1.5 on the treadmill (I did an extra 3 at the end of a 6-miler after it got too dark for my taste), for 18 miles in a sliver less than 3 hours.

My paces are nothing to write home about – it’s just been too hot and muggy. I’m not wishing away my summer, but we’re supposed to get a cool front in tonight/tomorrow so I might be able to enjoy some after-work runs in the 70s soon. I’m looking forward to sweating only a moderate amount on my runs.

Here’s to another great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment