Sunday, August 28, 2016

Recovering a long run fumble

Some lovely running weather Saturday.
After getting back to real life after vacation, I picked up the running every other day routine again. I got in a few miles Wednesday night on the treadmill after a work event, and I did a decent 6 after work Friday.

That meant I was up for a run again today, Sunday. I had good intentions to get up early and do 12 miles before it got too hot, but some friends wanted to go out Saturday night, and, well, let's just say I was in no condition to go for a run at 7 a.m.

After getting my morning errands run, it was starting to warm up and get super muggy. I just couldn't see myself suffering for 12 long miles. I made an executive decision to do all my food prep for the week and re-assess afterward.

It was still muggy by about 7:30 p.m., when I pulled the last dish out of oven, but at least it was starting to cool down, so I headed out. Yeah, it was sticky and gross, but I had some ice water and it wasn't TOO bad. As the sun set and the wind picked it up, running actually became enjoyable. Imagine that.

It got a bit too dark for me as I hit mile 6 and I was still feeling good, so I did another 3 on the treadmill. Total was 9 miles, which wasn't 12, but more than I thought I'd get done today.

It wasn't ideal, but I made it work. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment