Thursday, March 31, 2016

I’m pretty sure I set a new 1000-meter PR

Sorry, guys. Lately I have been working a little later than usual, so my life has been: work, train a little, cook and food prep, go to bed later than I should, repeat.

But I have been doing some training in the evenings, and it's been going as well as to be expected. Monday night was the last swim of the month, so I did my 1000-meter time trial. My goal was to do it in 21:26, which, to the best of my knowledge, would be a 1-second PR from my time last February, my previous fastest time.

I hit my watch in 20:54, a 2:05/100-meter pace. BOOM.

Not too shabby for me.
I'm slow, but lately I'm getting less and less slow, which makes me happy. All this hard work is paying off.

I'm actually not 100% sure this is a PR because I didn't keep great records when I was first starting to get serious about swimming. But I can only go through my logs so many times. I did many other longer-distance swims of 1100 and 1300 meters, and even 1000 and 1100 yards, but as far as pure 1000-meter swims, I'm pretty sure this was the fastest I've ever gone.

The sad thing is, while going through my swim logs I discovered I haven't swum a faster 100, 200 or 300 than 2013 or 2014. So, that's depressing. But if I can make progress with my 1000-meter time trial, maybe I can make progress with the shorter distances, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment