Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Week in review March 7-13: More low numbers

Not great.
OMG – it’s Wednesday already! What on earth happened to the week?!? I blinked and we’re halfway through.

Last week was the second blah week in a row. Instead of trying to cram in 100 things every day and being disappointed in myself when I couldn’t, I made it a goal to get one good session in each day. The weekend was MADNESS: Saturday was my local Slowtwitch road show, which I followed with errands and an outside run in the warm temperatures. Sunday we lost an hour of sleep and I had a baby shower more than an hour away, so that ended up being a big fat rest day. A rest day sitting on my butt in the car, mostly.

My numbers were low, but I survived without a nervous breakdown or a lack of sleep beyond my usual, so I guess I can count that as a success:

Swim: Twice, both in the pool, for a total of 5,050 meters in about 2 hours, 8 minutes. This included a shorter session that felt good, and a speed-based session that I had to abort due to a killer foot cramp. Again.

Bike: Once, on the trainer, for 1:15. Eh.

Run: I actually had success this week with running. I managed twice, both OUTSIDE, for a total of 8 miles in 1:25. My “long run” was 5.5 miles, BUT that 5.5 miles was my longest non-marathon run since mid-September. September!!!!! And 8 miles is my highest non-marathon weekly total since at least October. Small steps forward.

Other: Nothing.

Total: 5 sessions in about 4:48.

Random occurrence: Both my early week swim and run ended on 49 seconds, and both my late week swim and run ended on 12 seconds, so both totals were a time that ended 1 second over a round minute. Weird!

I’ve already lost one night this week to a work event, so it’s another “just try to get one thing done per day” kind of week. It’s not ideal, but unless I can figure out how to go without sleep or a job, it’ll have to do. The good news is today is 60 degrees again, so as soon as I get back home I’ll be heading out for a run in the warmth and sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment