Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week in review Feb. 1-7: The road to mediocrity is paved with good intentions

I guess it wasn't terrible?
Like pretty much every other week in my training history, I had grandiose plans. I’m going to swim three times! I’m going to get on the bike trainer every day! I’m going to lift weights and do all my pre-hab exercises AND do yoga every night before bed!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! But seriously.

Honestly, I feel lucky to have gotten through last week in one piece with truck shopping, work being crazy, errands, a Super Bowl party, and all that other stuff to work in with real life. Since it's already Tuesday night, here's a quick review for posterity:

Swim: Twice, both in the pool, for 5275 meters (I know) in about 2 hours, 12 minutes.

Bike: Twice, both on the trainer, for a total of 3 hours, 15 minutes.

Run: Twice, once on the treadmill and once on the road, for a total of 5 miles in about 55 minutes.

Weights: One video for about 50 minutes.

Pre-hab: A round of ankles/arches/toes and a round of hips for about 40 minutes total.

Total: 9 sessions in just less than 8 hours. I know I can do better, but it wasn't terrible for an off-season week.

Triathlon is a hobby that I have to work around real life. On to the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment