Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's not too late for some December goals

Can I make it to 1,000?
It's only Dec. 2, so I don't think it's too late to throw some goals out there.

I've been taking it easy after my October marathon, and have really only started biking and lifting weights in the past few weeks. I did make it to the pool yesterday for the second time since my last tri in August, so that's something.

Anyway, here's what I'll be working toward this month:

Swim: Get in the pool twice a week, and try at least one pool that's not my usual.

Bike: Get on the trainer three times per week.

Run: Hit 1,000 by Dec. 31. With the 5.5 I already did today, that leaves just more than 108. That works out to an average of 3.75 miles per day.

Weights: Lift six times this month, a combination of videos and my body weight/heavy weights routine.

Pre-hab: Get through my rotation of hip, ankle and foot strengthening exercises six times.

Yoga: Do six sessions of this, too.

(Six just seems like a nice number -- once a week might not be often enough, but I don't want to commit to twice a week, either.)

Weight: Lose three pounds. I keep forgetting to weigh myself in the morning, so I still don't know what this exact number will be. And while I'd like to lose more, I think this is a reasonable goal considering the holidays and all the eating I WILL be doing.

I'm off to a decent start already, and am looking forward to continuing to build my base this month. Yay training!

No comments:

Post a Comment