Friday, November 28, 2014

Food coma fun

No, sir! I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!
I love reading blogs of fellow smart-ass runners and triathletes, and that includes Shut Up + Run. She recently did a "four things about me" survey, so I figured: What better time to blather on about myself than when I'm recovering from a Thanksgiving food coma slash sugar high?


Four names that people call me other than my real name:
1. Babe, by my husband.
2. Killer K, by my former beer league softball team members. I can't field, catch, or throw, but I've always been able to hit the snot out of the ball.
3. K.L., by my former coworkers.
4. Crazy Lady, by the people driving by as I'm running or biking.

Four jobs I’ve had:
1. Dog walker, feeder, and cleaner upper at a boarding kennel
2. Frozen yogurt server (luckily I only worked there for a semester because I gained about 10 pounds)
3. Library book re-shelver
4. Newspaper reporter

Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
1. Spaceballs -- greatest movie ever.
2. The Indiana Jones trilogy -- my husband and I are complete Indiana Jones nerds. We saw the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in the theater on our honeymoon.
3. A Christmas Story -- I usually have this on repeat Christmas Eve to Christmas Day.
4. Ever After -- the only chick flick I'll admit to liking.

Four books I’d recommend:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. The Witch of Blackbird Pond
3. Anything by Bill Bryson
4. Anything by the monks of New Skete -- they have fabulous dog training methods.

Four places I’ve lived:
1. Ann Arbor, Mich., home of the Hash Bash, the University of Michigan, and Andrew W.K.
2. Granada, Spain. I'd move back in a heartbeat if I could.
3. Chicago, but just for a college internship.
4. Detroit

Four places I’ve visited:
1. Jamaica
2. Athens, Greece
3. San Francisco, several times since my sister-in-law moved out there.
4. When I lived in Spain I traveled a lot, so I've been to Sevilla, Toledo, Barcelona, Madrid, San Sebastian, Santiago de Compostela, Bilbao, Salamanca, Nerja, Ronda, Pamplona, Gibraltar, and probably many more. It was worth every penny.

Four things I prefer not to eat:
1. Olives  
2. Shredded coconut
3. Raisins 
4. Nuts IN baked goods. Nuts are great, and baked goods are great, but the two don't go together.


Four of my favorite foods:
1. Lasagna
2. My mom's taco salad 
3. Poutine from this Canadian breakfast joint here in Detroit. (Actually, most breakfasts out.)
4. The caramel crunch made with Chocolate Chex mix

Four TV shows I watch
1. Game of Thrones
2. Chopped
3. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
4. Silicon Valley

Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
1. Hopefully, advancing in my career
2. Also hopefully, PR'ing my Olympic and 70.3-distance tris and, hopefully hopefully, the marathon
3. Paying down some debt
4. Expanding my garden -- tomatoes everywhere!

Four things I’m always saying:
1. "The dishwasher is RIGHT THERE."
2. "Quit barking!"
3. "Oh my god, I'm late!"
4. "I'm hungry."

Your turn!

1 comment: