Saturday, November 22, 2014

Big ol' training day today

Hours and hours of Ironman coverage, hooray!
I'm not really tracking training hours right now, but today was a good day.

I put in just over an hour and a half on the bike. Then I did a full-body weights routine. Then I ran for four miles on the treadmill. And to wrap things up, I did some plyo exercises.

I THOUGHT I had set the DVR to record the replay of the Ironman World Championships, but when I went looking for it today it wasn't there. Nooooo! Luckily, I was able to find a multi-part broadcast on YouTube. I got two hours into it today and I haven't even finished the first video yet. And now I have inspiration to put in some time in the saddle.

I'm still not getting to the pool regularly... yet... but I'm starting to get back into a routine for pretty much everything else. Run and bike, lift weights from time to time, occasionally do yoga and my prehab.

I really want to get a good base before the holidays and the holiday eating schedule. Oh, don't worry -- I'll still eat all my cheese and sweets and wine. But I'll feel less guilty about it if I'm also riding and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment